In an effort to find the lowest priced gas in Sacramento, I've decided to have a contest. The only thing I have for prizes are a bunch of used videotapes, but it is always fun to win something, even if it is kind of lame.
Here is how to win:
The price at www.cockeyed.com/139.php is updated every day, and I've got my eye on the three cheapest stations in town (#039, #027, #045) so it won't be easy. You'll just have to beat me, or the other Sacramento Gas Connoisseurs to report on them.
Here is the list of the movies you can pick from: First win, first claim. The light-colored ones have already been claimed.
Rules: Must be at least 13 years old to enter. I won't send R-rated tapes to you unless you are over 18. Only the first person reporting a lowest price will win a videotape. I'll mail the videotape to your house. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Videotapes are previously viewed. Most of them have cases, but not all of them. Participants must agree to arbitration outside of the US court system for conflicts arising from this contest. Offer scheduled to continue until June 15th, 2003. Offer may be halted at any time. Low prices will be verified before prizes are awarded. Thanks.
Good luck, and thank you!
Here are a bunch more contest rules I borrowed from WBAL radio in Baltimore.
The following constitutes Contest Rules, both on and off-air, on Rob Cockerham.
2. The decision of Rob Cockerham is final. Winnerís will be notified by email.
3. Winners must sign a release prior to receiving their prize.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be chosen within thirty days of winning. Rob Cockerham will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty days provided.
5. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
6. Rob Cockerham is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty day grace period.
7. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
8. Rob Cockerham may substitute another prize of equal value, in the event of non-availability of a prize.
9. In the case of a dispute over email times, the decision of Rob Cockerham is final.
11. Employees of Cockeyed.com, its advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives, and their families or households their employees are ineligible to enter/win.
12. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of Rob Cockerham. Rob Cockerham is not responsible for the failure or tardiness of prizes delivered via US Postal Service.
14. Rob Cockerham is not responsible for defective prizes.
15. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of Rob Cockerham, and may be enacted at any time.
16. All winners must be 13 years of age or older.
17. Rob Cockerham, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests staged by Rob Cockerham.
18. All contests entries become the property of Rob Cockerham. Furthermore, Rob Cockerham may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
19. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Rob Cockerham has a right to publicize, or broadcast the winnerís name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. A cash substitution of prizes is allowed, but it is only 50 cents per videotape.
21. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
22. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. Rob Cockerham then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
23. Sweepstakes/contests are open to California, U.S.A. residents only.
25. Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by Rob Cockerham, and the results of the drawing shall be final.
More information about Sacramento Gas Connoisseurs:
This page last updated May 22nd, 2003 | Copyright © 2003 Rob Cockerham |
How Much is Inside? | Incredible Stuff | Science Club | about Cockeyed